What is Boodywear?
Born in 2011 and headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Boodywear make thoughtful, sustainable essentials – underwear/Bras, leggings, T-Shirts, camis, socks, bodysuits – made out of bamboo fibers, for men, women and babies.
Why We Love Boody Products:
- Comfortable, breathable, feathery soft material
- 80% viscose made from organically grown bamboo fed with rainwater, 13% nylon, 7% elastane
- High quality and strong – (My dogs loves to run with my clothes and bite them and are extremely reluctant to give them back to me, so I have had to pull my Boodywear undergarments from my their very strong grip and have not had a scratch or hole yet – I was impressed!)
- Seamless – so no awkward lines showing through your clothes
- Neutral colours
- Easy to wash and are wrinkle free
- Dyed using natural dye
- Closed loop/zero waste manufacturing system
- All workers along the supply chain are paid fair wages and are of working age
- Minimal packaging: Recycled paper box, printed with vegetable-based ink
- Accredited by a range of internationally renowned certification bodies for the (Scroll down for more information)
- Support charities. Read more here
- Donates 1% of all online orders to environmental NGO
They use bamboo yarn for the following reasons:
|Evergreen perennial plant – grows all year round
One of the highest growth rates – up to 1m a day, resulting in no net deforestation
Ecocert certified organic bamboo – no pesticides, no fertilisers, no insecticides
No artificial irrigation
Improved regional air quality – bamboo plantations produce 30% more oxygen than other plantations the same size
|Anti-bacterial & anti-fungal
Hypoallergenic – making it suitable for those with sensitive skin
Breathable & moisture wicking – the micrograph provide ventilation, so your skin is not suffocated and does not overheat – which is the case when wearing polyester clothing
All garments made from UPF50+ fabric to protect you from UV damage
|Silky, soft, feathery feel – we’ve never felt a fabric that feels similar
Thermo-regulating – suitable for all weather conditions and when exercising as well
Their Accredited Certifications
As conscious consumers, we like to know that the products we purchase are of the standards they claim, which is why Boodywear have openly stated their various accredited certification, disclosed their certification numbers and dates.
This means that their products have been audited and validated by an internationally renowned body, demonstrating their commitment to producing high-quality product, using sustainable materials and practices.
- Ecocert certified – Ensures traceable, organic bamboo
- FSC certified – Ensures that farming and harvesting of the bamboo to produce Boody do not contribute to natural habitat loss or destruction.
- ISO 14001 certified – Meets their criteria for a sustainable environmental management system. It ensures that the environmental impact is being measured and improved an achieves set environmental objectives.
- ISO 19001 certified – Meeting their criteria the quality and consistency of all garments.
- WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) certified (The world’s largest independent certification program mainly focused on the apparel, footwear and sewn products sector. It ensures that their factories as offering safe and legal working conditions. Complies with their 12 principles relating to international workplace standards.
- OEKO-TEX certified – Contains no harmful substances or dangerous substances such as AZO dyestuffs, phthalates, formaldehyde, and extractable heavy metals – which is good news for those with sensitive skin
With that in mind, don’t forget to purchase from the online store closest to you.
When we first ordered, we almost purchased from the US-based online store, until we realised that there was a UK one. We do not live in the UK but we contacted them via email and they were more than happy to deliver to another country nearby at a higher cost.
Please note that we are not affiliated with Boodywear nor are we sponsored by them.
We simply love their products.